Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Presbyterian kisses

Songwriting has taken a bit of a back seat lately...but things are changing...

Presbyterian kisses

Mary had a ten grand Cartier watch
She kept it under her bed
It was a present from her late ex husband
Before he was dead
Ronnie was somewhat greasy
But he met a dreadful fate
Burned to death in a chip-pan fire
Which seemed appropriate

Mary Mary I can offer you only this
Presbyterian kisses

She used to smoke Marlboro Lights
Flicked the ash off with a snap
She said I know these things’ll kill me
But I don’t care about that.
She liked Seven Up and sulphate
The sound of taxis in the rain
Her favourite kind of holiday
Was having sex on aeroplanes

Chorus

Now that we are married all is well
For now that I have rescued her from hell
She fills me with the greatest exultation
She shares it with the congregation

She likes Carlsberg Special
And cask strength whisky, neat
She wears Manolo Blahnik shoes
Upon her lovely feet
I took her to the church one day
So we could kneel and pray
She pleasured me upon a pew
I found I quite liked it that way

Presbyterian kisses
Presbyterian bliss...

Copyright Tom Morton, 2004.

No comments: