Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Complete History of Rock'n'Roll

This is my first attempt at using audioblog.com, which should enable you to listen(scroll down to bottom of post, needs Flash plug-in, probably needs broadband) to the first fruits of my home recording endeavours with a Tascam DP-01FX and far too many guitars. This song was much performed (in a different version) when, thanks to Rob Ellen of Medicine Music, I used to support the likes of Martin Stephenson, The River Detectives and Capercaillie on the Highland touring circuit back in the early 90s. Ah! them were the days...

A Complete History of Rock'n'Roll

Half an aspirin a day
So my heart won't stop
I've got a goatee beard
And a number one crop
My Harley Davidson
sits outside
And one of these days
I'm going to learn how to ride

Been married three times
But I don't wear a ring
First impressions, boy
That's the crucial thing
I go to the gym
I'm trying to lose some weight
For the last 10 years
I've been 38

Peak condition, body and soul
I don't want to die before I get old
Sometimes I look back and I think I've known
The complete and utter history of rock'n'roll

I read Mojo and Q, Uncut and Word Magazine
I like putting down bands that I've never seen
and when people make it big
from my neighourhood
I say 'I knew his dad - he used to be quite good'

I like to keep in touch
But it's hard when you
remember so much...

I want my kids to know
that my heart's still true
and I love their music
as much as they do
they play me their Josef K on those MP3s
I say - that sounds just like
Franz Ferdinand to me

Peak condition, body and soul
I don't want to die before I get old
sometimes I look back, and I think I've known
the complete and utter history of rock'n'roll



Copyright Tom Morton 1993/2005. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Tom Morton said...

Cheers Caviequeen - more to follow!
t